Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July in Utah

Blaine and the kids got the tent and slept out on the parade route on Thursday night. They didn't get much sleep, but they had a ton of fun. It was weird for me being home alone. I couldn't believe how much energy the kids still had after such a long night. They insisted they weren't tired.


My sister Katie, my neice Kiersten, and Benji.

The kids went to my moms house after the parade, they stayed awake all day, then when she brought them back around 6 pm they crashed hard.

At stadium of fire



We saw the Blue Man Group and MILEY CRYUS! The kids LOOOVE her.
That's Roxy's face showing us she didn't like sitting so close to the fireworks, our seats were great for seeing the stage, but we really were covered in ash at the end.

There was a colonial village set up in downtown Provo, it was really neat we saw a lot of period items, including a full size replica of the Mayflower. It was much, much smaller than you'd expect.






There were a lot of workers at the village dressed up like olden times, it was cool. The village was next to a printing musuem. They had old press thingys of the Book Of Mormon.

Later, the kids rock climbed at the childrens village which was free downtown.


As you can see, we had a jam packed weekend of fun. I really love Provo during the 4th. The whole community comes together and celebrates in a big way.

I hope you all had as much fun as us.

2 comments:

Camilla and Tim said...

I DO remember you! Thank you so much! I'm still waiting to get my pics back from the photographer!! haha looks like your 4th was great! Hope you are doing well

Jami Broadbent said...

looks like you all had an eventful 4th. how are you all anyway? your kids are old! it makes me feel old.